Friday, February 18, 2011

Sickness and Oolong

While I started off the day feeling quite alright, after taking my run in the early afternoon I suddenly started sneezing and it hasn't let up since.

Might make something later, but now calls for something familiar, hot, and tasty. In short, tea.

Since I'm not a fan of using my more pricey or higher quality teas when I'm not in a position to more fully appreciate them, I turned to what's become a bit of a more everyday oolong for me.

At $3.15/oz. Life in Teacup's Cui Yu(Spring 2010, Taiwan, Nantou County) is pretty decent as well as priced in a way that one won't cry over drinking it on a stuffy nose.

Brewed in one of my two yixing bat-themed pots, this one a gift and hailing originally from FunAlliance, this oolong gives off a rather pleasant orchid scent topped off with a lovely floral, not to mention very green, taste.

It reminds me a little of TKY, a favorite of mine, and, possibly, why today it ended up in my cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment