Thursday, May 5, 2011

Shincha Season

Okay, so this post is actually a little late given it's been at least a month since the first shincha preorders started popping up, but I figured I might as well make a post before any of my orders arrive anyway.

Shincha is first harvest tea put up for immediate sale. While the name can be used by any first flush sold in this manner, it tends mostly to refer to first harvest Japanese greens. These tend to be treated a bit special as, being the first harvest, they're the freshest and greenest of the lot. A once a year treat, typically coming out in Spring(around May).

Due to the demand of such, many online teashops allow for preordering of the teas and set up special pages just for shincha. So, a list.


Obviously this is not all that is out there, just companies I'm familiar with from word of mouth or ordering myself. For this year I pre-ordered from Den's Tea, Maiko, and O-Cha. Can't wait to taste!

((the picture is Shincha-ken)))

No comments:

Post a Comment